Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I can relax now.

I had my first exam in nursing school today. It wasn't end of the world hard but it certainly wasn't easy either. At this stage of the game, we do very little memorization. Must of the test questions involve application. I would give you an example but since I just polished my nails, I don't want to do much typing.

I need to relax,so here is a clip of a Ghanaian(?) movie. I was lol when I looked at it the first time. For those who are unfamiliar with African movies(I get a diverse group of visitors here), Nigerian move industry, also know as Nollywood, is the third largest movie industry in the world following Hollywood and Bollywood. Most of the movies are not feature films(Senegal has very good feature films) but home movies instead. Ghana is on the come up in the home movie industry. The second preacher man(in white) in this film is one of the most successful Nigerian actors. He is famous for playing Nigerians who return home after living in America for a period of time. If I'm not mistaken his name is Jim Ikie(sp) someone help me if I am wrong.
video clip of the day- I going to make this a regular feature( riped from C&D)



P.S. The sweetest wife is the one who screws him best.

9 comments:

soul said...

haaa haaaa
beauty in baltimore this video is hilarious.. the yoruba guy takes the cake!!
oh lawd! lol I can't stop laughing.

Sam Oracle said...

Good luck in your exams.

BeautyinBaltimore said...

@soul- This video made tears roll down my cheeks because it is so funny.

@Oracle-Thank you.

eniola a said...

good luck with nursing school. i am even thinking of switching now self!
LOL at the video

I saw you changed your profile thingY! now its a man with average size one. I am with you one that...less worries!

af said...

aleast u passed ur exam congrats mami!! ur on ur way to taking care of the sick and enfermed! (on a sidenote, i too am taking up one of the healing professions, so be proud of urself for helping others)

maybe one day u can go to nigeria and help the sik

i need to see some more nollywood vids b/c i didnt get that one haha was it a comedy? a minidrama?

BeautyinBaltimore said...

@Afro- That portion was a comedy. Most African foodstores sell Nigerian movies.

Muze said...

congrats on your test.

everytime i get my hair braided the women love showing me these movies. some of them are pretty good. and others just look like bad stereotypes of american blacks.

af said...

oh yeah there's an africanf ood store near my barrio, maybe i'll chek some of those movies out

SET said...

GOODLUCK IN SCHOOL.