1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blogabout their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eightpeople to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling themthey’re tagged, and to read your blog
I was tagged by Model Minority(a hip brilliant law student).
1. A few months ago I wrote the health is wealth post and I mentioned that my cholesterol was slightly elevated. Well the actual numbers are good cholesterol-80 and bad cholesterol 110. Which gives me a total of 190 so although my total is under 200, the bad cholesterol is above 100. I have read about people who have bad cholesterol levels higher than my total cholesterol level and they are in danger of a heart attack,heat disease and/ or a stroke. I getting it together now before it becomes worse.
2. I failed to mention in the heath is wealth post that the doctor informed me that I am in the pre stages of type II diabetes. I not sick as of yet and I don't have to take medicine because my body is still functioning normally but one day, things may change if I don't make some changes immediately. My diagnosis shocked me but at the same time I kind of sensed it. I noticed that before the test results came in I became irritated whenever someone around me would talk about having diabetes or knowing someone who has diabetes.
Most people who are in the pre stage of diabetes will develop the disease within ten years if they continue the same eating and exercise patterns. Blacks,Asians(including Indians)and Hispanics are at an increased risk for developing the disease. Some of the information that I've read have hinted at the heavy meat(chicken,beef,pork and to much fish),no vegetable , fructose corn syrup American diet. In America many of us eat vegetables only when they come on our burgers.
I think that one of the reasons people of color are suffering from this disease is because traditionally, people of color ate diets with plenty of fruits and veg tables in contrast to Europeans who ate fewer because the environment was not hospitable to growing a lot of fruits and vegetables. So people of European ancestry have bodies which are better able to withstand the type of diet(lacking in fruit and vegetables) that many Americans eat today.
The only person in family who is diabetic is my Uncle(the slimmer of my two uncles) and my mother said that my great-grandmother was also diabetic. Although I am heavier than I need or want to be I am very shocked to find out that I am in danger of developing diabetes. I see people who are soooooo much heavier than me and they do not have diabetes nor are they having problems with their knees. This disease is more a problem for people who put on weight in their stomach area and I don't put on weight in my stomach area easily.
So it looks like I may have to put in the work for that size zero after all.
3. I am learning to walk in high heals. Soon I will be strutting with the best of them.
4. As excited as I am about getting into nursing school I am also afraid of flunking out. The nursing program is not like other academic programs in which you can retake a class until you pass. In the nursing program you get one chance to do a retake and that's it. I've heard horror stories of people flunking out in their last semester. I pray that I won't be one of them.
5. I don't have a problem with Ebonics. I know that a lot of black people do, most notably on the blogspehre. I understand and agree that black people must be able to speak and understand standard English if they want to be successful in America and it is also important to be able to speak standard English when coming into contact with people for whom English is not the first language. Ebonics is to African-Americans what pidgin English is for Nigerians. Language is a very important part of culture and this is why Europeans thrust their languages on the Africans they colonized. When you lose your language you lose an important part of your culture. I hope our people don't fall for the "okey doke" on this issue.
Some African-Americans would ban other African-Americans from speaking the language if they had their way because they think the dialect is embarrassing and just another thing for white folks(some) to use to discriminate against African-Americans . I believe that no matter what we do, there will always be some whites who will look for things to use against us. If everyone of us spoke standard English and had a degree, believe me, they would find something else.
We, African-Americans are to America what the untouchables are to India ,and don't ever let anybody try to fool you into thinking otherwise. Have you ever noticed the way you are treated by foreigners(some) from other parts of the world. Very often it is in a very different manner than the way that they treat white people. You may pick up on this when you patronize little mom and pop type stores. How do new immigrants know which groups are deserving of respect and who are not. Think about it
6. The first man to put his lips on my body still has a hold on me. I am sure I wrote about him in my first post about the Beast(check the archives). I cannot put into to words the feelings that he had running throughout my body except to say that they were utterly toe curling. When I am using my plastic happy stick I only need to think of what this man did to my body and I am shaking in about two minutes tops.
7. I am 5'8 and I always thought I would be taller than what I am. I somewhat disappointed with my height. I would not mind being 5'11 like my girl overwhelmed.
8.I'm not much of a people person. I like to do things by myself. I am a natural loner although I can sometimes enjoy the company of others. I can travel, go to the movies, and eat at a restaurant by myself. Its just that I think I can get things done faster by myself and I don't like all of the unnecessary opinions of other people.
So many people have been taged already but I want the info on the following people: AfroJamicano, thekashirocollective, Miss Williams,Vanitypages ,PussyCatBitch, BeautyinTexas,Girlshop ,Yeyemarieba, Bmorebap, Expat Jane
1 month ago