1. Baltimore is located between two major cities: New York and Washington D.C. By train it takes about 2 1/2 hours to reach New York and 30 minutes to Washington D.C. This makes it very easy to take a day trip to either city.
2. Unlike other places(New York),it is highly unlikely that you will need a roommate well into middle age to help pay the rent. Baltimore's cheap cost of living is so good that many twenty year olds can afford to live by themselves. There are also a number of apartments in which all utilities are included with the rent.
3. If you like to exercise we have many gyms to choose from. There are also a number of bike paths for cyclers and runners. Baltimore also has a yearly marathon and many 5 and 10k races through out the year.
4. There are seven colleges within the Baltimore area. They are within 15 minutes of each other.
5. John Hopkins University, one of the most well known Universities in the country is located in Baltimore. John Hopkins University has offered free tuition and room and board(worth about 45,000 a year) for any graduate of Baltimore City Public schools who gains admission. John Hopkins is frequently listed in the top 15 colleges and Universities in the United States.
6. If you are ever suffering from a rare illness Baltimore is right city to be in. John Hopkins hospital, rated number hospital one in the world, is also located in Baltimore. This is the hospital where world renowned surgeon Benjamin Carson(a role model for all black people) works.
7. Baltimore is a very safe city if you are not involved with drugs. A very large percentage of the people who are killed in Baltimore are killed as a result of their involvement with drugs(both selling and using).
8. Baltimore has a very nice African-American museum. Unfortunately not enough black people visit it and those that do are not the people who really need to visit. They also need to find a way to get more white folks to visit(their money spends to).
9. Baltimore has demolished most of its old style housing projects(such an eye sore). In place of high and low rise projects, the city has built town houses for low income residents.
10. Baltimore votes overwhelmingly blue. The word Republican is a curse word in this city.
Merry Christmas everyone. If you have your health, you have the greatest gift of all.
1 week ago