Friday, June 02, 2006

Will the real singer please stand?

Technorati Profile

Ashanti, Cheyanne,Rihanna,Britneny Spears, Amerie(spell check on all of the names, I know). The before mentioned young women are only a few of those who constantly bombard us on television with their good looks but only ok vocal skills. I would much rather hear someone who has a wonderfull voice and a okay physical presence than the other way around. To many female singers today are getting by on their looks alone. Lil Mo, now that woman can sing, unfortnately she does not have the "star" look, I think that is why she isn't celebrated the way she should be. You know the usual, give me your opinions.
channel

5 comments:

A disillusioned Naija girl said...

Thanks for posting a comment on my site. It's brightened my day to discover your blog. About this particular post, I have actually been meaning to talk about black female singers, and how sex is used to sell their music, as opposed to whatever talent they may possess. I wanted to do a comprehensive commentary on all the black female artists but I'm only halfway there. Once I'm done, we can compare notes. It's something I've also felt strongly about - I'm glad someone else has clocked on this issue.

BeautyinBaltimore said...

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. I really wish their were more artists who put talent over sex. Another person I should of added to that post was Christina Agrulara.For the life of me I can not understand why Christina Agurlara deceided to sell sex for her second album when she is very talented.

FabFemme said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FabFemme said...

The next time i hear the "cheyenne" girl sing. Im going to hurl. that girl really annoys me....bad....

BeautyinBaltimore said...

@ tola- cheyenne sounds like a cat being skinned.